Utilities Deposit is $100.00                                      

This covers Electric,Water,Gas,Trash and Sewer

Deposit is only $20.00 for water only properties   

If you are moving into town you will need to visit the "FORMS" page and print off the REQUEST FOR NEW UTILITY SERVICE form before coming into the office.

Utility Service Information

1) At first connection there is a deposit due for services purchased from the City, on all rental properties. If

the residence has all services, electric, water, and gas, $100.00 will be due before utilities

can be changed. If water is the only service provided, the deposit will be $20.00.

2) The deposit can be made with a check, cash or credit card.

3) Bills are due and payable by the 25th of the month.

4) Bills are considered delinquent and late charges, 2% of the current amount due, will be

added after the 25th of the month.

5) Bills not paid by the designated cut-off day are subject to termination.

6) In order to restore terminated service, a reconnect fee of $45.00 will be collected, the past due amount is to be paid in full at the time of reconnection.

7) A fair hearing may be requested at least three business days before the designated cut-off day to make arrangements to satisfy my obligations.

8) Meters are the property of the City and may not be tapered with, turned off or on, or otherwise abused, subject to termination of service.

9) It is understood that the City does not guarantee uninterrupted service.

10) All meters will be available to the meter reader or service man upon request or on a designated reading date. Meters that cannot be read will be subject to estimated billing.  If the situation persists because of a locked gate of dogs in the backyard, you may receive a letter requesting that you read your meter each month.

11) K.S.A. 12-856, Section 1 states that any person residing or occupying a property to which municipal utility serves are provided must pay all fees in full upon vacating the property.  The municipality shall not be required to contract with a person if such person has outstanding or unpaid charges for utility services provided by such municipality.